UFC

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.
Brian Stovern

UFC

Post by Brian Stovern »

Anyone else here watch Mixed Martial Arts (MMA like the UFC)? I've lost all interest in boxing. It's too boring to me now. MMA to me is much more exciting. Just wondering if I'm the only one here watching it. The Griffen/Jackson fight last saturday was fantastic.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

i watch UFC all the time. They also have the Pride fights shown here in Korea all the time, and other versions of MMA. It is kind of nice because we get the UFC PPVs for free in the Military when we are overseas. The Rampage/Griffin fight was absolutely awesome. Griffin sure has come a long way and i think their rematch will be just as impressive. You are right Brian, boxing has lost its luster. Boxing is joke anymore.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Ken Lagerquist wrote:You are right Brian, boxing has lost its luster. Boxing is joke anymore.
That's why Floyd "Money" Mayweather joined the WWE for WrestleMania 24 and is now retired at the top of his game...
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Brian Stovern

Griffen/Jackson

Post by Brian Stovern »

I think there were two really happy people when Griffen won. Dana White and Chuck Liddel. I don't see how Chuck was ever going to get another shot at rampage, but he'll be close to first in line to fight Griffen. And for Dana that will be a huge money fight! the only other fight on the card that was exciting was the Tyson Griffen fight. He's never been in a dull fight.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Casey Fisher wrote:
Ken Lagerquist wrote:You are right Brian, boxing has lost its luster. Boxing is joke anymore.
That's why Floyd "Money" Mayweather joined the WWE for WrestleMania 24 and is now retired at the top of his game...
Very true, and rumor has it he was paid $20Million for WM24! now i also heard that wasnt true, but who knows for sure!
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Matt Morgan

Post by Matt Morgan »

Griffen would beat Chuck like a red headed step child. No contest.

I want to see some Celtic dancers in front of Griffen on the entrance next time. He made Rampage look like a has been!
"Face Your Fear, Accept Your War!"-Z.W.
Brian Stovern

Post by Brian Stovern »

Matt Morgan wrote:Griffen would beat Chuck like a red headed step child. No contest.

I want to see some Celtic dancers in front of Griffen on the entrance next time. He made Rampage look like a has been!
It's a fight I'd love to see. He'd probably fight him just like Kieth Giardine did. Might work for him too. Or he could get caught and end up in a puddle on the canvas. I hope they do Chuck/Griffen before they do Rampage/Griffen again.
Matt Morgan

Post by Matt Morgan »

Me to Brian. I think it would be a fun fight, either way.
"Face Your Fear, Accept Your War!"-Z.W.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Matt Morgan wrote:Griffen would beat Chuck like a red headed step child. No contest.

I disagree with that statement, but we will never know until it happens. Chuck is a pretty tough fighter and im sure his mouth is watering at the oppurtunity to try and become the champ again. I do agree that it will be a great fight tho!!!
Hank Rauenhorst

Post by Hank Rauenhorst »

This is my man. I still wish Rampage would have killed Griffen though.

Simon Miller wrote:Quite possibly one of the sweetest posts I have seen on the internet since Al Gore invented it.
------ JCS 7-7-7
Brian Stovern

Post by Brian Stovern »

I love watching Uriah and Miguel Torres too. Just not sure who is left to challenge them.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Rampage in the news for a chase in California in his 2008 Ford F250, if u havent seen his truck, it is a pretty sweet ride, but sounds like he beat it up pretty good.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/m ... index.html
Brian Stovern

Post by Brian Stovern »

Anyone watch the UFC or Affliction cards this weekend? Not sure we answered who is best pound for pound when Fedor and Silva both tore through their guys in 30 seconds!
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

I watched the UFC card on Saturday but was highly unimpressed by the entire card. I wish I would have watched Affliction.

as far as the best P4P fighter going right now - Fedor has my vote. Silva is a tough one for me because I want to see him fight a top tier fighter who still is in thier prime but I won't argue with anyone who deems "Spider" as the toughest P4P.

my favorite fighter, by far, is Faber. Faber throws some of the sickest moves through out his fights. I couldn't believe when he threw a high knee at an opponent that had one of his legs caught in a clinch.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

I watched both events over here and i will say, both fighters are great, thats for sure. So it is a Toss up over who is the best P4P fighter in the world. They both hold good arguments, thats for sure. I havent seen Fedor fights much, but he sure beat the hell out of Silvia, and he is pretty dang good. As far as Silva goes, i am a big fan, he is GOOD! No one has been able to touch him. He is pretty versatile as a fighter, can do it all
Brian Stovern

Post by Brian Stovern »

Silva is smart to go up to 205 though. He'll have a lot more big money fights at that weight, and he didn't look small. Fedor can fight Arlovski, Randy, and Barnett. so he'll have a few big fights. Not that I see any of those guys having a chance against him. Faber I think is stuck without any other big name guys to fight.

The Affliction card was good, but you could see they were a bit unorganized with their production. Light years better than Elite XC was, but no where near UFC quality.