Rush Limbaugh

The place to talk about anything you want.
Ken Lagerquist

Rush Limbaugh

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Im not one to talk about politics too often, but i felt i would share this, even tho i have seen it before and it is kind of old. Rush Limbaugh comparing Military death gratuity compensation with Sept 11 victim compensation. It is a good read and alot of people might not realize what Rush is saying and how true it is.

Subject: FW: Limbaugh nailed this one

You have to wonder what's going on in this great country of ours and why??!!!

Love him or hate him, Rush Limbaugh hit the nail on the head!!!

Limbaugh nailed this one~
Incredible, unforgivable and shameful. Read Below

By Rush Limbaugh:

I think the vast differences in compensation between victims of the September 11 casualty and those who die serving our country in Uniform are profound. No one is really talking about it either, because you just don't criticize anything having to do with September 11.Well, I can't let the numbers pass by because it says something really disturbing about the entitlement mentality of this country. If you lost a family member in the September 11 attack, you're going to get an average of $1,185,000.The range is a minimum guarantee of $250,000 all the way up to $4.7 million.

If you are a surviving family member of an American soldier killed in action, the first check you get is a $6,000 direct death benefit, half of which is taxable.

Next, you get $1,750 for burial costs. If you are the surviving spouse, you get $833 a month until you remarry. And there's a payment of $211 per month for each child under 18. When the child hits 18, those payments come to a screeching halt.

Keep in mind that some of the people who are getting an average of $1.185 million up to $4.7 million are complaining that it's not enough.Their deaths were tragic, but for most, they were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. Soldiers put themselves in harms way FOR ALL OF US, and they and their families know the dangers.

We also learned over the weekend that some of the victims from the Oklahoma City bombing have started an organization asking for the same deal that the September 11 families are getting. In addition to that, some of the families of those bombed in the embassies are now asking for compensation as well.

You see where this is going, don't you? Folks, this is part and parcel of over 50 years of entitlement politics in this country. It's just really sad. Every time a pay raise comes up for the military, they usually receive next to nothing of a raise. Now the green machine is in combat in the Middle East while their families have to survive on food stamps and live in low-rent housing! ! .Make sense?

However, our own US Congress voted themselves a raise. Many of you don't know that they only have to be in Congress one time to receive a pension that is more than $15,000 per month. And most are now equal to being millionaires plus. They do not receive Social Security on retirement because they didn't have to pay into the system. If some of the military people stay in for 20 years and get out as an E-7, they may receive a pension of $1,000 per month, and the very people who placed them in harm's way receives a pension of $15,000 per month.

I would like to see our elected officials pick up a weapon and join ranks before they start cutting out benefits and lowering pay for our sons and daughters who are now fighting.

' When do we finally do something about this? If this doesn't seem fair to you, it is time to forward this to as many people as you can.
How many people can you send this to?

How many will you send it to?

Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
BM.Biotti

Post by BM.Biotti »

ken, this is why, whenever I see a person in uniform, I always take the time to thank them for their service to our country.
"A man worthwhile, is a man that can smile, when his pants are too tight in the seat" - Judge Smails
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

BM.Biotti wrote:ken, this is why, whenever I see a person in uniform, I always take the time to thank them for their service to our country.
Me too Mike. In fact one time recently we were on our way to Seattle and stopped in Moses Lake for lunch. I saw an older man with his wife eating and he had a WWII hat and pin on.

I asked him where he served in WWII and he told me. I then shook his hand and said "I just want to say thank you." I think people should do much more of that. We Americans are a pretty spoiled bunch. We didn't get what we have for free.

I also don't enjoy politics but good post Ken. And thanks for serving our country. :P
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Simon Miller wrote:
BM.Biotti wrote:ken, this is why, whenever I see a person in uniform, I always take the time to thank them for their service to our country.
Me too Mike. In fact one time recently we were on our way to Seattle and stopped in Moses Lake for lunch. I saw an older man with his wife eating and he had a WWII hat and pin on.

I asked him where he served in WWII and he told me. I then shook his hand and said "I just want to say thank you." I think people should do much more of that. We Americans are a pretty spoiled bunch. We didn't get what we have for free.

I also don't enjoy politics but good post Ken. And thanks for serving our country. :P
You are welcome my brothers!! Believe me, i appreciate the thanks i get from you all, it always gives me a chill when i hear it. Cant wait to get home and celebrate!!! Beers on me!! We will have soemthing at the house when i get home, i will get you all on base unless you are a criminal!!! hahaha
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Beers on You!?! Just say when and where!
But really, we should buy you beers Ken, thanks for everything that you and others in uniform do. I consider myself a middle guy, I try to see both sides, but one thing (And I think Ken and I have already hit on this one) I can't stand how our troops are used as political capital and that they are not given their due when it comes to medical care and post service services. I think both sides of the capital isle are neglagent and irresposible when it comes to our servicepeople.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."