Golf Integrity

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.

Knowing you wouldn't have got caught, would you have turned yourself in like J.P. Hayes did when a pga tour spot is on the line?

Yes
56%
No
44%

Total votes: 9

Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Golf Integrity

Post by Casey Fisher »

Some of you may have seen this, but this is what sports and life in general should be all about: Integrity, Respect, and doing the right thing...

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3712372
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

Speaking from the standpoint of someone who does not know a lick about golf, I can't imagine I would have done the same thing. To be able to play professionaly, the sport that I love the most, I would do almost anything to get to that level.

I guess if I flipped the story to sport I hold dearly, baseball, I might be able to swing my vote to yes.

Let's say I just finished playing a game in the minors and had the best hitting performance i've ever had which led to an immediate call-up the next day to that team's major league affiliate. I go to bed that night thanking my lucky stars for such an opportunity and then kiss the bad that made it all happen. What's this!?!? This isn't my normal bat! Upon further inspection of the bat I realize it belongs to my team mate Wilton and upon even further investigation I find that the bat is actualy corked! Do I tell my new coach and possibly lose a shot at my dream? I would be a hypocrite not to. A tainted career is not a career worth having. Baseball was good to the Bonds' and the McGwires' of the game but the black cloud that hangs over those players, to me, out weighs any accomplishment they made while playing the game of gods.

So, while my answer remains no, I can see why one who loves the game of golf would give yes as their answer.

Good poll Fish.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Great analogy Roops... LOL on your teammate Wilton

BTW, I voted no with you. He is a better man than me. Especially since the ball he used was for two shots and it wasn't a performance enhancing ball...
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden