Heading out of country once again!

The place to talk about anything you want.
Ken Lagerquist

Heading out of country once again!

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Well, i just got notified yesterday that i will be leaving this beautiful country once again! This time for 6 months to Azzcrackistan... I will be gone about 7 months this time, but this will be totally different than anything i have ever done, at least thats what i am expecting. Just seems like the last 3 years i cant stay home. Oh well. Simon like we talked about, if i get back in time, Mariners game, and then most definitely a Seahawks game. So pic a game out in Oct/Nov!
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Hank Rauenhorst

Post by Hank Rauenhorst »

Have fun Ken. Sounds like a barrel-o-monkeys. :D
Simon Miller wrote:Quite possibly one of the sweetest posts I have seen on the internet since Al Gore invented it.
------ JCS 7-7-7
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Hey, I'm serious here, if you guys are doing tickets to m's & hawks games I want in! Just let me know how much and when, then I'll send the money.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

By the way (sorry I didn't post this first) Ken, stay safe and come home.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Re: Heading out of country once again!

Post by Simon Miller »

Ken Lagerquist wrote:Well, i just got notified yesterday that i will be leaving this beautiful country once again! This time for 6 months to Azzcrackistan... I will be gone about 7 months this time, but this will be totally different than anything i have ever done, at least thats what i am expecting. Just seems like the last 3 years i cant stay home. Oh well. Simon like we talked about, if i get back in time, Mariners game, and then most definitely a Seahawks game. So pic a game out in Oct/Nov!
Ken,

It sucks that you are getting deployed again, but we all appreciate your contribution to keeping our great country free and safe. We will all be hoping and praying that you too will remain safe and return on schedule.

Yes, your return will definitely call for a celebration, more specifically an Ms and/or Seahawks game.

Be safe, and we'll all communicate with you online.
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Lauren A. Scrafford

Post by Lauren A. Scrafford »

Ken Lagerquist wrote:Well, i just got notified yesterday that i will be leaving this beautiful country once again! This time for 6 months to Azzcrackistan... I will be gone about 7 months this time, but this will be totally different than anything i have ever done, at least thats what i am expecting. Just seems like the last 3 years i cant stay home. Oh well. Simon like we talked about, if i get back in time, Mariners game, and then most definitely a Seahawks game. So pic a game out in Oct/Nov!
Ken:

Be safe and thank you for your service to our country.. My nephew Josh Scrafford (U of I)is there (Altimur) on a 16 month deployment. He's my little brother's, Doug KHS 74, son. Our prayers go out to all of you..

Lauren
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Lauren A. Scrafford wrote:
Ken:

Be safe and thank you for your service to our country.. Lauren
Just want to echo these comments and Simon's as well. Good luck Ken! When is the actual day you are leaving?
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Thanks everyone! I will be back safe and in one piece. I actually leave out Tuesday, but will be spending a month in New Jersey for training. Not looking forward to this one, but it should go by fast
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Well all, we finally finished training here in NJ. Will be leaving here on Sunday and then headed off on Monday night for Afghanistan with a stop off in Kyrgyzstan. Should be there a couple days and then head further down range. Training was interesting but yet disappointing, but should help us out alot. Thanks for everyones support, it really does mean alot. look forward to hearing from u all, and i will try and keep u all updated on the goings on

Ken
Rich Gaffney

Post by Rich Gaffney »

Being an older vet, the posts here on this page warms my heart. My thanks for services rendered to Ken. Unlike an earlier time, this conflict is showing a mature attitude from the general public. The point I want to make is, Ken has a real support group in place and that is a must to any deployed service man/woman. So I say to all of you who support Ken to follow through with the games, etc. and show your support always. So many people don't realize how important this is to returning service people. Once again my thanks to Ken.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Rich Gaffney wrote:Being an older vet, the posts here on this page warms my heart. My thanks for services rendered to Ken. Unlike an earlier time, this conflict is showing a mature attitude from the general public. The point I want to make is, Ken has a real support group in place and that is a must to any deployed service man/woman. So I say to all of you who support Ken to follow through with the games, etc. and show your support always. So many people don't realize how important this is to returning service people. Once again my thanks to Ken.
Thanks Rich, very well said. And thanks to everyone else for their well wishes. I leave today and will be in country in a few days, but have a stop off elsewhere to get more gear. I will keep everyone posted as much as i can. for those of u on Facebook, Simon will know whats going on. Im sure he will help with the information flow.