Shane M. Waechter 1968-2009

A place to pay tribute and honor to those beloved KHS Grads who have gone before us.
Gwen Johnson
#1 Wildcat Fan

Shane M. Waechter 1968-2009

Post by Gwen Johnson »

From the Shoshone News-Press:

Shane M. Waechter, 41
Shane M. Waechter, 41 or Pinehurst, Idaho, was born August 6, 1968, and passed away October 29, 2009. Shane came to Idaho in 1976. He went to school in Pinehurst. He received the Tommy Braindard award from Kellogg High School which he later graduated from in 1986. He then attended DeVry Institute in Phoenix, Ariz. He later worked in Alaska, Colorado, Nevada and Washington.

In 1995 he started Tri-State Hydoseeding which he owned and operated until his passing. Shane enjoyed Jeeping, snowmobling, skiing hunting, making people laugh, brussel sprouts, name that tune, peach pie, football, baseball, spending time with his family, Slumpy, camping, outdoors, AC/DC, Go Getum Gree, Planes, Trains, Automobiles, Tommy Boy and bubble gum. He gave generously to the community throughout his life.

Shane is survived by his wife Dawn; his mother, Lonnie; his brother, Jeff; his children: Shayna, Heath, Dan and Stacie, B.J. and Jubal, John; grandchildren: Kylee, Holli, Kynadee, Harley and Briar. He was preceded in death by his dad, Dan; grandparents Lucille Pester, Lois and Ben Waechter.

A memorial service will be held at 3pm Friday, Nov. 6, 2009, at Mountain View Congregational Church in Kellogg. A gathering will be held at Noah's Canteen at Silver Mountain following the service. Jeeps are encouraged to come to Noah's Canteen. Yates Funeral Home is entrusted with the care of final arrangements.

Please visit Shane's online memorial and sign his guestbook at http://www.yatesfuneralhomes.com

On a personal note: One example of how Shane was generous to our community - His company, Tri-State Hydroseeding, was huge sponsor of the Kellogg Booster Club and KHS athletics. For many years, he donated the athlete tickets for meals at the All-Sports Banquet ensuring that any KHS athlete who chose to attend could do so without paying for their ticket.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends who will miss him greatly.
A person is smart; people are dumb panicky dangerous animals and you know it. ~Kay (Men in Black, 1997)
Teresa Cook

Post by Teresa Cook »

I am saddened by this tragedy and wanted to point out Shane's community contribution... I am thankful he coached my daughter's baseball team..and helped out with different teams she has been on with Heath. I am just sorry I was "too late" in telling him! My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.