Ken Lagerquist 1990 Non KHS grad, still Kellogg in heart

Where has life taken you since you left the doors of Kellogg High School? Post here to share!
Ken Lagerquist

Ken Lagerquist 1990 Non KHS grad, still Kellogg in heart

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Well, I never really did step foot in the high school, since I left before my freshman year when we moved to Montana. After leaving Kellogg we moved to Helena Montana and I spent two years at Helena High School. Then transferred to Boulder Montana and graduated from Jefferson High School there. After High school, I went to college for a couple years in Miles City Montana and then a semester in Dillon Montana at Western Montana College. After deciding I was tired of school I joined the Air Force in 1993. After going thru basic Training and Technical School, I headed off to Travis AFB, California where i spent a year there. I then got orders to Royal Air Force Mildenhall in England and spent two years there and while there, I deployed to Dhahran, Saudi Arabia for 3 months. After returning from Saudi Arabia, I received orders to Montana at Malmstrom AFB. It was nice to be back in Montana after being away for 3+ years. Then after 2 years there, I received orders to Alaska(my dream assignment) @ Eielson AFB outside of Fairbanks Alaska, and spent 6 years there with two deployments back to the Middle East. One was to Prince Sultan Air Base in Saudi Arabia and then the other to Camp Cedar II in Iraq after the war started. I am finally considered a war veteran now. Once I returned from Iraq, a few months later I headed to F.E. Warren AFB in Cheyenne Wyoming where I have been for 2 years and married my wife July 22nd 2006. I am currently deployed to the Republic of Kyrgyzstan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, supporting operations in Afghanistan. Since I have been here, I received orders to Korea and have to be in place by Sept 07. We just received my follow-on orders to Spokane @ Fairchild AFB where we are wanting to retire. I will have 5 years left in the Air Force and we should be able to stay in Spokane with no more moves. My Wife Bobbi and step daughter Taylor are really looking forward to moving to the Inland Empire of Spokane Washington. It will be a nice change for us from Cheyenne Wyoming. We will definitely be enjoying the outdoor life there and the bigger city.
Last edited by Ken Lagerquist on Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Matt Morgan

Post by Matt Morgan »

Ken, great to here your doing good. Stay safe.
"Face Your Fear, Accept Your War!"-Z.W.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Hey Dean, do you know either my mom or dad, Tony or Barbara (lien) Nordin?
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

I don't know if any of you know Lori Haller, but she is getting hitched this next weekend. I'm going down to San Diego to the wedding if any one would like me to pass along any messages to either her or mike.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Laurie Roberts
For Such A Time As This...

Post by Laurie Roberts »

Congratulations to Lori. I taught her, and then she subbed for me a few times at KHS. Is she marrying someone from SD?
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

No, someone from Nevada. I guess the San Diego decision has something to do with Mike living there and I think this might be one of those new wedding event kind of things. Mostly they are done in Las Vegas, Victoria B.C., Hawaii, or something like that. It's a wedding destination/vacation.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Well, I just gave a shout out on classmates.com to people I know. If there is anyone you want me to try to get over here let me know their names and what year they graduated. I have a 7 day free trail. Tell me soon though because I am going to drop it before the 7 days end!
Megan Bumgardner

Post by Megan Bumgardner »

Mike Nordin wrote:I don't know if any of you know Lori Haller, but she is getting hitched this next weekend. I'm going down to San Diego to the wedding if any one would like me to pass along any messages to either her or mike.
Hi Mike,
I graduated with Lori in 94...please tell her I said hi and congrats! I saw her a few years ago at our reunion and it sounded like she was doing great!
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Consider it done! How is Jason doing? I haven't seen that turkey for about two decades now. I think about him and Scott every once and awhile. I knew Danny but we never really hung out. The back yard football games, the wrestling matches, the b-ball games...ask Jason about the bottle rocket wars.

For those who don't know the Bumgardners, they are made of some of the toughest stuff I've ever come across! Especially Scott, I've met a lot of people who talk a good game, but he was (and probably still is) the real thing.
Megan Bumgardner

Post by Megan Bumgardner »

Thanks! I kind of remember you hanging around with Michael when I used to hang out at Lori's in middle school :-) Jason's doing really well. He's working at Home Depot in CDA and spending most of his free time either doing some kind of fishing or bird hunting. I've heard the stories about the Fairway Heights gang and even the bottle rocket wars. Jason and I have a son who will follow in his father's footsteps, I'm sure! Scott is doing well, also. He and Cassie live in Kellogg and have a son in 8th grade. Danny is in Louisiana, still, and probably always will be :-) He has 2 kids...the exact same ages as ours. I'll make sure and tell Jason you said hi!
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Ya, the Fairway Heights bunch was a pretty wild group. Tell Jason, Go Rygar!!!
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Ya, the Fairway Heights bunch was a pretty wild group. Tell Jason, Go Rygar!!!
We corrupted Mike H., anything he did that was bad or questionable was becuase of us.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

That's Lori Haller on the new membership. Hey Lori, did you think you would get away with that one. :lol:

Hey, I had a great time in S.D.! The pool hall was a good time, I wish it could have lasted longer.

It was also nice to meet Tara, too bad you couldn't stay longer.

I also can't believe mike bought me a beer. I think that was a first.
Dean Stanfield

Hey Dean, do you know either my mom or dad, Tony or Barbara

Post by Dean Stanfield »

Mike, I remember your mother although I didn't really know her.. I think she was a couple of years behind me, maybe class of '63.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Did you know my Dad, Tony Nordin? He went into the service (Army) at the age of 16.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Who's Harris Compton?
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Gwen I just want to thank you for doing the K-log yearbooks on here. My parents and I enjoy them, and have used them to help us look things and people up. Thanks again!
mike
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Miss Cook, welcome to the party!
BM.Biotti

Post by BM.Biotti »

great to hear from some of the grads. I wondered where some of you have been. I am currently in Delta Junction, Alaska. I work for Teck Cominco at the POGO mine. I dont know long I plan on staying up here. I work four weeks straight and get two weeks of R and R. I am usually in the valley for my time off. What ever happened to bobby fuller, geoff chadwell, and mike ingalls? thanks to Simon Miller for this site and his awesome job of coaching the kellogg high golf team. ATTA BOY
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

BM.Biotti wrote:great to hear from some of the grads. I wondered where some of you have been. I am currently in Delta Junction, Alaska. I work for Teck Cominco at the POGO mine. I dont know long I plan on staying up here. I work four weeks straight and get two weeks of R and R. I am usually in the valley for my time off. What ever happened to bobby fuller, geoff chadwell, and mike ingalls? thanks to Simon Miller for this site and his awesome job of coaching the kellogg high golf team. ATTA BOY
How long have u been up there? I just left North Pole in Jan 2005
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford