Heytvelt Must Pay The Price

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.
Mike Biotti '68

Heytvelt Must Pay The Price

Post by Mike Biotti '68 »

He screwed up and now he and his team suffers. A similar thing happened to me at KHS. When I was a Jr I was the starting strong safety next to Doug Yrjana and backup QB to Randy Haddock. We had a fairly good team but played a much tougher schedule than now. Anyway, during the summer between my Jr and Sr year a few of us partook in a little beering one night and I was the one that got caught. Back then those things were put in the local newspaper. Coach Ray Andre made an example of my foolishness and barred me from athletics my senior year. That was crushing as I was really looking forward to playing my Sr year. I admit that I was in the wrong, but the punishment was very harsh for that era. I learned a valuable lesson from that and hope that the kids now will take note of the consequences involved.
"The patient fisherman catches the big fish"......Me
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Good example Mike...

I think that Heytvelt should be suspended for the rest of the year for breaking team rules (and the law). I am hearing that they both might be done forever and I think that is too harsh. I think they should both be allowed to come back next season, if they do the drug counseling and stay out of trouble... This is just my opinion though and I could understand if they were done forever.
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Matt Morgan

Post by Matt Morgan »

They'll both end up playing for USC.
"Face Your Fear, Accept Your War!"-Z.W.
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

Matt Morgan wrote:They'll both end up playing for USC.

:lol:
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Is Josh going to be playing for the Zags next season?
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Every indication is that if he stays out of trouble, does his community service, passes his weekly drug tests and still passes his classes, that he will be back next year. Hopefully this was an eye-opener for him that he is not above the law and he gets his act together (not just for GU basketball, but for himself as a person).
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden