KHS Wildcat Boys - IML Co-Champions 2007

Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

KHS Wildcat Boys - IML Co-Champions 2007

Post by Simon Miller »

This is quite an accomplishment. Congratulations to Coach Finkbeiner and the KHS Boys on their IML Championship. Due to a coin toss the Cats will enter the District Tourney as a 2 seed, but this year teams 1-4 are very even.

The boys are just 2 wins away from another State Tourney!
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

I sure miss growing up in Kellogg, we used to have a great time going to the games and sitting behind the varsity during the game. We looked up to those guys like they were gods, LOL, of course that was in the mid 80s
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Laurie Roberts
For Such A Time As This...

Post by Laurie Roberts »

If the NBA were on channel 5 and a bunch of frogs making love were on channel 4, I'd watch the frogs, even if they were coming in fuzzy.
-- Bobby Knight

I'm so not a Bobby Knight fan, but with Ken's signature quote above I could almost become one!
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Hey Simon, are you going back down next week for the boys, or is districts next week? I might actually be comming up monday night for a couple of days.
If I make the trip, anyone want to do something, CDA, Spokane, Kellogg?
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Any games going on?
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Gwen Johnson
#1 Wildcat Fan

Post by Gwen Johnson »

The district championship and 4th place games should be held on Tuesday, February 20 at NIC. These are evening games begining at 6pm. The first two games will be held Saturday, February 17 at Lakeland HS. Those are afternoon games beginning at 1pm.
A person is smart; people are dumb panicky dangerous animals and you know it. ~Kay (Men in Black, 1997)
Matt Morgan

Post by Matt Morgan »

Should be a good district tourney. I'm pulling for Kellogg, can't say it out loud up here though. Good luck KHS.
"Face Your Fear, Accept Your War!"-Z.W.
Gwen Johnson
#1 Wildcat Fan

Post by Gwen Johnson »

Hehehe...thanks Matt!
;)
A person is smart; people are dumb panicky dangerous animals and you know it. ~Kay (Men in Black, 1997)
Gwen Johnson
#1 Wildcat Fan

Post by Gwen Johnson »

Kellogg lost to Timberlake today in game 2 of the district I tournament. Kellogg led 20-12 at the half, but had a little trouble with turnovers and scoring in the second half. Timberlake was extremely physical throughout the game and the officials let them go. Kellogg shot a total of 7 free-throws - all in the first half. While the officiating in this game ranked up with the worst I've seen in my lifetime, I can't blame the loss entirely on that. The boys seemed to forget how to play as a team today. They never really got their offense going in the second half.

Bonners Ferry defeated Priest River as well, so on Tuesday at NIC, Kellogg will play Priest River (6pm) and Bonners Ferry will play Timberlake (7:30pm) for the district championship.
Gwen Johnson
#1 Wildcat Fan

Post by Gwen Johnson »

I forgot to mention that 1/3 of our team was selected to the IML All-League team on Saturday: Jeremiah Big Spring (J), Ty Ketchum (J) and Josh McDonald (S). Congratulations boys!!!
:)
Laurie Roberts
For Such A Time As This...

Post by Laurie Roberts »

Did the Wildcat boys play last night?
Gwen Johnson
#1 Wildcat Fan

Post by Gwen Johnson »

Well, the KHS basketball season is now officially over. Kellogg lost to Priest River last night in game 4 of the district I tournament. I believe the score was 50-57, but to be honest, I wasn't really looking at the scoreboard when the game ended. It was a disappointing end to a pretty good season.
What I found even more disappointing is that, with the exception of my son, none of the Wildcats felt the honor of receiving the IML co-champion trophy was worth hanging around for. He stood out there as the lone Wildcat, holding up the trophy with a player from Bonners Ferry who was surrounded by his teammates. Of course, they were also out there to get the District I championship trophy.
And to be honest, by leaving after their loss, the team didn't accomplish a whole lot because there was an accident on the pass last night (I don't know any details) and traffic was delayed on the pass for quite some time. We stayed until after the trophy presentations, drove my son to a fast food restaurant in CDA and we arrived at KHS to pick up his truck just as one of the players who rode the bus home was leaving KHS. We also beat the band bus home (and they left after the Kellogg game as well).
I was disappointed by a lot of things last night, but I have to remember that this is, for the most part, a young team, with a young coach who has much to learn. I am proud of that team and what they accomplished this season. I just wish they could have taken a little more pride in it too.