Class of 89 where you at????

Mike Dye

Class of 89 where you at????

Post by Mike Dye »

Been along time since I've been back to the valley and was in Japan at the time of our 10 yr reunion. Anyone know if they are planning a 20 yr or what about an all yr reunion?
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Mike, you're class of 89' arn't ya. Man, I haven't seen you since high school with your bangin hair (our local rocker) and your ear ring (daring for K-town). How have you been? I played football with you a couple of years. If I recall you played Linebacker right?
For anyone who doesn't know mike, for me he was famous for his class office run in Jr. High. All the other candidates gave their speeches and mike just came out and said "hey, I'm mike Dye....VOTE FOR ME!!" and walked off with a standing ovation.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Bonnie Casper (Bradshaw)

Post by Bonnie Casper (Bradshaw) »

Hiya Mike :D

I'm in contact with several from the class. Some still live in Northern Idaho.........others have moved elsewhere. Would be good to hear from some others and find out how everyone is doing :D
Mike Dye

Post by Mike Dye »

Hiya

Well it's been along time since all that happened, guess it's nice that I'm remembered for something...I was actually in Northern Idaho last summer, the valley has changed (looks like a Dave Smith parking lot in Kellogg) but I know with trying to survive you have to adapt to change. When Jerry Shinn got killed it woke me about life. I joined the Air Force (I know hard to believe) and have been traveling the world for 14 yrs now.

I really enjoyed high school and jr. high, looking back it puts a smile on my face that is for sure. I still keep in contact with a few people but have lost contact with quite a few. I heard about Sheldon Mclain's car accident and it made me realize that I need to get in contact with some old friends.

So what have you guys been up too? I'm also on myspace (like everyone else in the world) http://www.myspace.com/67793205 if you want to reach me there...
Gentry Woolman

Post by Gentry Woolman »

Here's a pic from Elk Creek School's Class of '89 - Mrs. Breeden's Fifth Grade Class

Front Row: Ray Gillig, Gentry Woolman, Nick Barney
Second Row: Jared Williams, Kelly Bailey, Steve Teague, Cary Brackebusch, Sissy Sanchez, Diana Harris, Crystal Jennings
Third Row: Kevin Prokopich, Dawayne Campbell, Angela Hei, Jeff James, Jim Baker, Tom Jerome, Joe Shipp, Mike Browniing

We were quite an attractive group now, weren't we?
Last edited by Gentry Woolman on Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Class of '89
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Great picture... I love to see any/all class pictures. You gotta love the early 80's styles...
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Mike Dye wrote:Hiya

Well it's been along time since all that happened, guess it's nice that I'm remembered for something...I was actually in Northern Idaho last summer, the valley has changed (looks like a Dave Smith parking lot in Kellogg) but I know with trying to survive you have to adapt to change. When Jerry Shinn got killed it woke me about life. I joined the Air Force (I know hard to believe) and have been traveling the world for 14 yrs now.

I really enjoyed high school and jr. high, looking back it puts a smile on my face that is for sure. I still keep in contact with a few people but have lost contact with quite a few. I heard about Sheldon Mclain's car accident and it made me realize that I need to get in contact with some old friends.

So what have you guys been up too? I'm also on myspace (like everyone else in the world) http://www.myspace.com/67793205 if you want to reach me there...
Hey Mike. I saw you joined KHSGrads, but I was pretty busy this spring. It is great to hear you joined the Air Force and are traveling the world. I remember you in Jr. High and High School too. Those times seem like yesterday don't they? I can't believe how time flies.

Maybe we could add a thread for Jerry Shinn in the In Memoriam Forum. I think it would be cool to honor as many KHS Grads as we can.
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Gentry,

That is a GREAT picture. I recognize a lot of you guys!
We need more stuff like this on this site. I guess I could get scanning too!
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Mike i think i remember you from Jr. High. What do you do in the Air Force?? I have been in for 14 years myself, just passed my 14 year mark on Friday. I am in LRS and headed to korea in Sept. Then i will finish out in Fairchild.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Gentry Woolman

Re: Class of 89 where you at????

Post by Gentry Woolman »

Mike Dye wrote:Been along time since I've been back to the valley and was in Japan at the time of our 10 yr reunion. Anyone know if they are planning a 20 yr or what about an all yr reunion?
Hey Mike - If I can find it, I'll post the class pic from our 10 year reunion. We had it at the Elk's. Some of the people who lived local didn't come to the dinner, but we met up with them later at Ernies. If you can, try and make it to the 20 year - you'll have a great time!!
Class of '89
Gentry Woolman

Post by Gentry Woolman »

: Image

Ok kids - Here's the pic from the 1989 10 year reunion. If I spell anyone's name wrong, I'm am so very, very sorry.

Front Row: Kelly Bailey, Wendi Lewis, Cary Brackebusch, Shelley Hill, Nancy Wuolle, Toni Seymour
Second Row: Randy Rossin, Clarissa Huber, Pam Merida, Illya Little, Jill Browning, Gentry Woolman, Amie Kossman, Donna North, Patty Minser, Tricia Breidt, Theresa Shoop
Third Row: Eric Nichols, Anna McClelland, Sharon Rex, Anita Ufford, Carlene Frank, Mike Gunderson, Marci Schreiber, Tanya Fristo, Shannon Soles, Mike Palmer, Angela Hei, Buddy Reagan
Fourth Row: Jeff James, Kirk Nelson, Glen Christmann, Joe Shipp, Scott Caddy, Sonya Ellis, Kim Hodge, Leanna Pennick, Diana Harris, Cindy Jones
Back Row: Billy Wingfield, Andy Reinhofer, Bryan Sullivan
Class of '89
Gentry Woolman

Post by Gentry Woolman »

Simon Miller wrote:Gentry,

Hi Simon,

I have a couple of class pictures of the class of '88. Can you add a thread for that year? I have a class pic from their 10 year reunion and a pic from Mrs. Jerde's 3rd grade class at Pinehurst Elementary for school year 1978-1979. Might be fun for people to see. Thanks a lot!
Class of '89
Mike Dye

Post by Mike Dye »

Looks like I missed out on a good time....hard to believe it's been that long, seems like it was just yesterday.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Gentry Woolman wrote:
Simon Miller wrote:Gentry,

Hi Simon,

I have a couple of class pictures of the class of '88. Can you add a thread for that year? I have a class pic from their 10 year reunion and a pic from Mrs. Jerde's 3rd grade class at Pinehurst Elementary for school year 1978-1979. Might be fun for people to see. Thanks a lot!
More pictures always equals more fun! I created a forum for 1988. Fire away Gentry. :-)
Amy Big Spring

Where is the Class of '89

Post by Amy Big Spring »

Wow Mike! Long time no hear. Sounds like life is treating you well. Good for you. I'm doing good. Still living in St. Louis. I divorced Cliff Karst back in '98. I have three beautiful boys though. Matthew (15), Justin (14) and Tanner (7). Anyway, glad to hear you're still out there.

Amy Big Spring
JerryTaylor

Post by JerryTaylor »

Good to hear from some '89er's! I have been disconnected from N. Idaho for a long time and looking forward to the 20 year reunion.

Quick update: Moved to Pocatello (via Boston) after graduation. Went to ISU for 3 years, dropped out, got married. Worked construction for 7 years, got divorced, went back to ISU, got a degree. Started a career (at 30) in New Mexico, got remarried, started a family (10 year old stepson, 2 1/2 year old son). Life is great!
Started out with nothing...still have most of it.
Gentry Woolman

Post by Gentry Woolman »

Here's my bio:

I married Mike Stoumbaugh (Harris is what you all know him as) in January after we graduated. We've been married 17 years and have two kids. Our son Tyler is 15 and our daughter Jordan is 13. After getting married, we moved to Beatty, NV for 1 1/2 years where Mike worked in the open pit gold mines. We went from there to Winnemucca, NV where we stayed for 6 more years before moving back to Kellogg in 1997. Loved being back home, but unfortunately couldn't raise our family on seasonal weather permitting jobs. We needed to get back to a place where Mike's job experience kept him working year round. In 2004 we moved to Nampa, Id, where we are now. Mike's a forman of a paving crew for a company out of Boise and I work in investment banking at a Savings & Loan. We're not real big on city life - too many people, too much crime and way too much traffic. But, anytime we get the chance, we leave home and head for the hills. We've got plenty of lakes and rivers and forest land that remind us of being back home and we take advantage of that all summer long!! We still love to camp, hunt, fish and just kick back with friends and enjoy a beer. (so obviously, we have not changed much) I run into people from our class from time to time when we're back in Kellogg, and keep in touch with others over myspace and the good ol' telephone. It's always nice to hear from someone we went to school with and get all caught up again.

Our interests - we love to travel. Our adventures have taken us to Canada, The Yukon, Alaska, Montana, Washington, Oregon, California, Utah, Wyoming, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona and Mexico. Mike, Jordan and I haven't ventured from the western states, Canada & Mexico, but our son Tyler was able to travel to Europe for 3 weeks with the People to People Student Ambassadors Program. He went to England, France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany & Switzerland. It was quite an experience and he brought us back some great pictures!! The kids keep us busy with their activities. Through the years they've been involved in baseball, softball, basketball, volleyball, bowling and scouting. Right now, Jordan's in basketball and Ty's in Kendo Kai. Yep, they keep us hoppin and always on the go, but Sundays (or the occasional Saturday night) belong to Mike and I. That's when we can kick back and watch NASCAR. We're huge NASCAR fans and never miss a race.

Gosh, I think I pretty much covered it all. I've loved reading all the other posts of where you all are and what your doing and hope to see all of you at our 20 year reunion.
Class of '89
Mike Dye

Post by Mike Dye »

Good to see that you are doing good Amy. It has been along time...