2007 Masters

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.

In this weekend's Masters Who would you take to win?

Tiger or Phil
75%
The rest of the field
25%

Total votes: 4

Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

2007 Masters

Post by Casey Fisher »

With the Masters, in my opinion the best golf tournament, starting tomorrow I thought I would start a thread on it. Not sure how many golf fans there are out there, but I open up with the simple poll question. Please vote on it and give any/all opinions/analysis today and over the weekend. I personally love it when the Masters in on Easter Weekend as my family usually will watch the final few holes where there is always excitement and drama.
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Gwen Johnson
#1 Wildcat Fan

Post by Gwen Johnson »

I love all the major championships, but the Masters is near and dear to my heart since it is in April. :)
A person is smart; people are dumb panicky dangerous animals and you know it. ~Kay (Men in Black, 1997)
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

I agree with you Gwen on all 4 Major Tournaments are great. But there's just something about the tradition of the Masters and the previous year's winner putting "the green jacket" on the current year's winner that I love so much...
Laurie Roberts
For Such A Time As This...

Post by Laurie Roberts »

I love the masters, too. In fact, it's kind of all downhill from here, for me. I enjoy the US Open quite a bit, but I often miss much of the British (partially because of the time difference), and the PGA Championship somehow slips by me completely.

Favorite masters' moments: Ben Crenshaw winning the year Harvey Penick (his mentor) had just died, and Mickelson's win.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Great moments Laurie. I echo those along with Payne Stewart's win the year he passed away, along with Mark O'Meara's win. Phil's first Masters win was my favorite though as it was his first major win and he had a great, long putt to do it... I am waiting for the day when Chris Dimarco wins his first major. He has been close so many times, and when he finally gets it, it will rank among my top moments. Don't know if it will be this weekend though...

I saw a stat that between Tiger and Phil, they have won 6 out of the last 10 Masters Tournaments, so I would say it is their's to lose, especially because I have heard that the playing conditions will be hard and fast this weekend.
Gwen Johnson
#1 Wildcat Fan

Post by Gwen Johnson »

One of my favorite Masters moments was watching Nick Faldo put the green jacket on Tiger. And as Casey mentioned, watching Payne Stewart win the US Open the year he died. I'll never forget that year. I was particularly into golf at that time. I even had the Ryder cup team as the wallpaper on my computer desktop back them.
Since then, I watch when I have the time, but life is busy and I often miss most of a tournament. I do enjoy watching the last rounds on Sunday, though, if I can find the time.
:)
A person is smart; people are dumb panicky dangerous animals and you know it. ~Kay (Men in Black, 1997)
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Well, I was pleasantly surprised that Tiger did not win yesterday. I thought for sure he would pull it out. What a tough weekend it was for everyone. Brutal conditions. Hats of to Zach Johnson for pulling out the "W". His birdie on 16 I believe sealed the deal. What a great putt. This tournament shows just how much the man Tiger is, when he plays what many call, "not great golf for him", yet he still finishes tied for 2nd.