As the Lakers World Turns........Again!!!

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.
Ken Lagerquist

As the Lakers World Turns........Again!!!

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Well, it is final, Kobe wants out. I dont want him around the Lakers organization anymore. He is just a cancer for the team, the Lakers better have learned from the Shaq trade, that they better get equal in return. I almost guarantee he will be with the Bulls next year. anyone elses thoughts??? This coming from a lifetime Laker fan, and finally wanting him gone!!!!!
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Per the post I just made on the Sonics thread:

Sonics trade #2 pick Kevin Durant and Guard Earl Watson to the Lakers for Guard Kobe Bryant.
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Dang Casey, where do you come up with this stuff!!!!??? that would be a huge trade, i would take that, but the Lakers would still have to get another BIG name player. If i was Gm of Lakers, i would do it.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Or how about this...... #2 Pick Kevin Durant, Earl Watson and Ray Allen. I think that would be the only way the Sonics would be able to make it work with the salary cap.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

This is a proposed trade on espn.com. Roops & Ken, I want your opinions as Lakers fans if you would like this trade:

Phoenix trades Shawn Marion, Leandro Barbosa, Marcus Banks, and the rights to Atlanta's 1st Round pick in the 2008 draft to the Lakers for Kobe Bryant and Vladamir Radmanovic...

Analysis for both teams:

A) The Lakers ending up with a nucleus of Marion, Odom, Barbosa and Bynum, along with Farmar, Walton, Turiaf and the No. 19 pick, as well as the inevitable Kwame Brown trade to a moronic team that convinces itself that Kwame's career could be salvaged. That's a pretty good foundation.

(B) Phoenix trotting out a starting lineup of Nash, Kobe, Raja Bell, Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw. Good golly, miss Molly

(C) Radmanovic realizing his manifest destiny of playing in Phoenix. It was meant to be from the moment Mike D'Antoni and Nash teamed up three years ago.

(D) Kobe and Raja as teammates. High comedy. The most improbable pairing since Rodman and Pippen 12 years ago.

(E) The most selfish player in the league (Kobe) playing with the most unselfish player in the league (Nash). What a fascinating sociological experiment. If Nash can turn Kobe into a team player, I'm voting him for our 2008 president even though he's Canadian.

Two potential problems: First, it's unlikely that the Lakers would be dumb enough to trade Kobe within their own division, although with Kupchak involved, anything's possible. And second, assuming that Nash has a say in front-office decisions at this point, would he really want to green-light a scenario that has him managing two enormous egos in Stoudemire and Kobe?
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

I would love the Phoenix trade - Shawn Marion is one of the most underrated players in the game and has been burried behind Nash, Staudemire and even Barbosa in '06-'07. I would have no problem sending Kobe within the division because at this point anywhere but L.A. is his best destination. The potential lineup would be great:

PG - Jordan Farmar
SG - Leandro Barbosa
SF - Shawn Marion
PF - Lamar Odom
C - Ronny Turiaf

Coach - not Phil Jackson!
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

I myself dont like the trade, i would take Marion in a heart beat tho. Kobe needs to go east or he could stay in the West with a bigger name than Marion included in the trade. I dont see Kobe leaving this year, but if nothing big happens and they lose out in the 1st or 2nd round next year, then he is gone. I see him demanding next summer. but i dont think he knows what he wants, i heard he said later last night after talking with Phil that he still wanted to be traded.