Griffey's Return to Sea-Town

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Griffey's Return to Sea-Town

Post by Simon Miller »

I am still anxiously awaiting Fisherrock's narrative from the Mariner-Reds series and the return of Griffey to Seattle. I watched the pre-game ceremony and it gave me goosebumps. When Griffey says how he didn't realize how much he missed Seattle, it was great to hear. What a reception.
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Well, the trip to Seattle was again a success. The pre-game ceremony was fantastic and there were not a lot of dry eyes in Safeco Field. I don't watch a lot of National League baseball so I haven't seen him play much in his days as a Cincinnati Red, so seeing him back in Sea-town definitely brought back a lot of memories. Roops got us some fantastic tickets once again. On Friday night we were in the 10th row from the field down between 1st base and the left field fence. So Mr. Griffey was in the field right in front of us the whole game. Roops took some great pictures of Ken that he'll have to put on this thread...

I would love to see him finish his career in Seattle. He gave many hints that he would be up for it.

Roops, your thoughts and photos?
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

I think Griffey shouold come back to Seattle and not do a sympathetic retirement there like some of the greats have done with other teams and sports. He will always be a Mariner and that is the team he needs to finish with and go into the Hall with. I want to see him hit #700 and who knows actually hit #756 and we can say he is the real Home Run King until A-rod breaks it. It just isnt the same seeing Griffey in a Reds uniform. We can only hope that he will come back sooner rather than later.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

My Dad and I talked about this last week. I wouldn't be suprised if Ken Jr. goes to an American League team to DH. His body probably won't let him stay in the field forever but his bat might still be hot. Why not make a skip back to the A.L., and as that goes, why not play for a city that still thinks he's great.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Mike Dye

Post by Mike Dye »

I've always enjoyed watching Jr. play, he's exciting for the game and is a good role model for others. Unfortunately with the injuries through the years it has taken it's toll on his body, so I can see where going to the AL would be good for him. I think he could eventually pass Barry on the home run list, but I doubt he'll hold off A-rod for very long.

I tried to see him last year when I was in Arizona at a D-backs game, got tickets 2 rows up to the right of home plate, but unfortunately he didn't come off the DL until later that week. Was still a good game. Can you guys post those pics? I got a couple of Gonzo when he was with the D-backs and a few others if you guys want to see them?
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

I didn't do a great job on the quality this year but here's what I got anywho.
Mike Dye

Post by Mike Dye »